After many years of playing Pathfinder I’ve come to a conclusion: there will never be enough monsters to fight. In the land of Golarion there are werewolves, demons, evil priests, witches, and even the dreaded bugbear. No matter your fancy there’s always something to fight, and Paizo keeps upping the ante with their steady releases of Bestiary supplements. Just recently the company released Bestiary 5, and you can grab it now wherever you prefer to shop for your gaming delights.
In this wicked new supplement players will come face to face with death itself, dastardly deep ones, and even the ground-pounding wood colossus. These new enemies will definitely put up a fight for even the most seasoned of adventurers (here’s looking to you, Valeros). Don’t worry though, there will be allies within these pages that will aid your party, such as the whimsical leshi and many a different esoteric dragon.
This fifth edition of the Bestiary will include:
- More than 300 different monsters
- Creatures that can warp the minds of their victims, including the caller in darkness, thought eater, and the bizarre brain mole
- Two new types of creatures from the Great Beyond: the mysterious manasaputra, and the truly vile sahkil, alongside new types of angels, demodands, and devils
- New familiars, animal companions, and other allies
- New templates to get more life out of classic monsters
- Appendices to help find the right monster, including lists by Challenge Rating, monster type, and habitat
- Expanded universal monster rules to simplify combat
- Challenges for every adventure and every level of play
For $44.99 you can pick up a copy of Bestiary 5 and bring all of its monstrous goodness home. It’s a staple supplement for any GMs arsenal, and studying the different denizens within can help you grow your Knowledge (Monsters/Enemies) skill as a player. It’s always great to see new enemies crop up, making for new adventures and the like for different scenarios. So, will you dive right in and fight death incarnate, or will you try and persuade dragons to aid you on your quests?