This coming weekend PAX Prime attendees will be in for a treat as Obsidian Entertainment’s take on the Pathfinder Adventure Card Game will debut at the convention. Attendees will get a chance to check out the game in Pathfinder Society Suites 201-203. This digital re-imagining of the hit tabletop card game will soon be available for both the Apple iOS and Android platforms.
Just like with the tabletop version, the digital version of the PACG will allow for 1-4 players to take on different adventures throughout different locations as they embody iconic heroes from the Pathfinder universe. The new digital version will allow for for immediate gameplay, multiple games running simultaneously, and additional downloadable adventures. Each player will have a unique character composed of a customizable deck of cards and stats, and character classes such as fighter, rogue, wizard, and cleric.
Here’s a list of special loot that the digital first release will include:
- Reactive cut-scenes featuring Pathfinder’s iconic characters
- The ability to explore the towns, cities, dungeons, and landscapes of the Rise of the Runelords campaign, including the fiercely independent Sandpoint, and the goblin-infested isle of Thistletop
- Beautifully enhanced and animated backdrops of every locale
- Multiple adventure profiles to enable players to experience the campaign using every character
- Tutorial that distills the rulebook into a mini-adventure
- Single-player and pass-and-play multiplayer gameplay mode
We had a chance to check out the game in action on the Gen Con floor, though it wasn’t a playable demo. Still, what we saw looked fantastic and the production value is exactly what one would expect from Obsidian. The music is carefree and thematically correct, the visuals are bright and vivid, and the gameplay offers something entirely new for those wandering adventurers out there. You can expect to download your copy of the game later this fall. Until then, if you’re headed to PAX Prime, be sure to check it out on the floor!