Hello there, readers! We apologize for the lack of content in the last few weeks. Things have been rough in the I:T household but things are finally coming back together. We had the honor of featuring a guest post by Daekon about the Dread RPG (not a new game, but worth reading about!) and have some more work coming in the future in the way of reviews. Here is your Quick News for the past week.
Announcements and Releases
- Pathfinder fans rejoice! A new soundpack is available now for Dragon’s Demand via Syrinscape! We loved this adventure and you can check out a demo of some of the sounds on the Paizo blog.
- Altered Reality Games and Warlord Games will soon be launching a new project on Kickstarter called Gods and Monsters, a mini wargame with a deck-building twist. Check out their prefundia page and be watching for their project launch on July 22nd.
- An adventure book for the Star Wars RPG is coming called Mask of the Pirate Queen; check out the adventure overview on the FFG site.
- Into, or interested in getting into Malifaux? A two player starter set is coming soon, and there is a thread discussing the characters and models in the set.
- Don’t Panic Games and Cryptozoic have obtained licenses to make Attack on Titan games.
- Did you know that MtG Origins has double sided Planeswalkers cards? Jace didn’t…but he totally did. Funny little video on Facebook explains everything.
- A reprint of Keyflower and the expansions that go with it is coming soon and Game Salute is giving fans a chance to get the best price in the next printing via Kickstarter!
- Whether your wallet has recovered or not, Reaper Miniatures has returned with Bones 3: The Search for Mr. Bones! Check out the new minis and stock up your collection.
- Want a create-your-own-adventure game on your shelf? One that requires you have more than combat skills? Check out Fabled Lands: The Serpent King’s Domain.
- Rare Elements has their first d20 adventure campaign up on Kickstarter called Re of Light. With a $85 pledge, you get the full 7 chapter adventure, 6 character ingots, and a full sized map.
- If you want some super sweet dice for your Sci-Fi games, you’ve got to check these Space Roller dice out.
Other Interesting Articles And Finds
- There is a lengthy article over at the Dicey Goblin about the full history of board games and its progression in the modern era.
- Bad Moon Rising, an adventure for the Iron Kingdoms RPG, is available for download on DriveThruRPG.
- Reprints of Munchkin: Marked for Death and Munchkin Holiday Surprise are coming!
- Mayfair Games is hoping to beat their record Catan game from Gen Con 2013 this summer! Check out details and sign up to make history!
- Privateer Press announced their rules for the Formula P3 Grandmaster Painting Competition. See if your model is eligible and bring your best painting skills to Gen Con 2015.
- A preview of The Walking Dead deck for Superfight is available on Facebook!
- Ludonaute shared a cute photo of a stuffed fox with a new Little Prince board game cover on Twitter.
- If you like Smash Up and Munchkin, you were probably thrilled to hear about the two of them being…smashed up! Check out previews of the next Smash Up set on the AEG site!
What We’re Playing
- We did some final playtesting of a game that will be hitting Kickstarter towards the end of the month! It is very entertaining, so be watching for that review on July 27th!
- While a lot of our time recently has been taken up with personal life things, creativity struck the I:T office and Kae and Raine are preparing for a cosplay event next weekend. We’ll make sure that photos end up here and on social media for that!
- We are making final preparations for Gen Con and are excited to be taking a 3rd member with us this year, Devon! We will share more about our con plans soon. It is going to be a tight trip for us, so if you are feeling generous and would like to help us out, please consider checking out our GoFundMe for this year’s Gen Con trip!
Thank you all for your patience and for sticking around! Next week you can expect to see a review for Battle of Red Cliffs by Sunrise Tornado Game Studio. As long as time allows, there should also be some gaming accessory reviews going up by way of video, so be watching for those as well! Have a great weekend, and as always; happy gaming!