Happy Friday, gamers. We had a special review for you this week featuring The Geekling as we do our first game review for parents of young children! We hope you saw our Animal Upon Animal review and enjoyed our mini dragon discussion at the end! Here is your Quick News for this past week.
Announcements and Releases
- Like Car Wars and Munchkin? Check out the July and August Announcements from Steve Jackson Games.
- Privateer Press has released the photos of coins and rules for the Reckoning Release event for Warmachine players.
- Preview the gameplay in FFG’s reprint of Drakon.
- A new expansion is coming for High Command! Rapid Engagement pulls both sides of the Privateer Press world together by pitting Khador vs. Circle Orboros in a head-to-head game. With pre-made army decks, a Winds of War deck, and a new location deck.
- Events are now available for registration at Gen Con! Sign up for a workshop and take a handmade item home, sit in on a discussion, or learn to play that game you’ve been watching all year.
- Calliope Games has been pushing to finish the funding for The Titan Series, and to help it they’ve announced a Game Design Seminar that will take place at Gen Con to discuss how they will build the games.
- Read up on the details of FFG’s 2015 World Championships for all of their Organized Play games (except LotR LCG).
- WizKids announced the Marvel Dice Masters: Age of Ultron set! Check out the preview page.
- If you’re a fan of Queen Games’ Shogun, this will tickle your fancy. To celebrate 10 years of the game being around, a deluxe edition is on Kickstarter now that includes the base game, all 4 expansions, and wooden components – over 400 of them!
- PolyHero Dice, an interesting take on dice, is on Kickstarter now. A shield d20, gauntlet d10’s, helmet d12, dagger d4, sword d6 and mace d8 make up this set to wow your gaming friends. Available in red with white print or black with green print.
- Mottainai, a game from the creators of Glory of Rome, has fully funded on Kickstarter but has some time remaining to jump on board! Mottainai is a game where you work in a Buddhist Temple and must assemble works to put on display to train others, or sell in the gift shop to fund your temple.
Other Interesting Articles And Finds
- Mayfair Games has put a call out for game demo volunteers at Gen Con and Origins this year! Check out their Facebook post and head to the link to apply!
- Awesome tabletop themed poem found on Facebook.
- Not a new announcement as we’ve already discussed BattleBards, but they are teaming up with Dwarven Forge to produce some great pairings for building dungeons and using the BattleBards audio system together!
- These two lovebirds met through playing Magic: the Gathering, and recently got engaged. Read about how their story mana-fested on the MtG FB page.
- Want some spoilers and insight into the first adventure deck for PACG’s Wrath of the Righteous? Paizo blog has got you covered.
- Explore the card types in Plaid Hat Games’ Ashes: Rise of the Phoenixborn.
- Interested in breaking a world record? At Gen Con in 2013 a record of 922 players was recorded for a game of Catan! They are hoping to beat that this year. Check out the facebook post for more information and the Gen Con Event ID.
What We’re Playing
- Busted out Empire Engines by AEG early this week and went head to head! The gameplay is pretty straightforward and the components are solid.
- Finally got to play Batman: Love Letter! I like the artwork and the new “tokens of affection”. Gameplay is the same, just with new card names and art.
If you haven’t already entered, you have until 11:59PM on Monday May 25th to win a free copy of Maha Yodha! Make sure you check it out and share with your friends. We hope you have a great weekend, and until next week – happy gaming!