Things have been pretty dreary around the office with off and on rain and tornado threats. At least they haven’t been boring! We got some new reviews up this week including Ascension: Realms Unraveled, Ancient Terrible Things, and Pretty Pretty Smash Up.
Announcements and Releases
- Fantasy Flight Games previews this week include plot cards in the second edition of A Game Of Thrones Card Game.
- The Gen Con event list is now live on the Gen Con website. Build you wish list and register for events on May 17th.
- Z-MAN Games announced something new on Facebook called Apocalypse Chaos! Check out the photo and brief description.
- The final 4 new factions for Smash Up’s It’s All Your Fault expansion have been announced! The fans have spoken and the next set will feature Sharks, Superheroes, Greek Myths, and Dragons.
- You can now pick up the first wave of Star Wars: Armada expansions!
- The Mark of Madness, the 10th deluxe expansion for The Call of Cthulhu card game, has been announced with a third quarter release in 2015.
- August-October releases were revealed at the Paizo blog including new miniatures, the Hell’s Rebels adventure path, flip mats, and decks for the Pathfinder Adventure Card Game. There’s a lot of new items, so be sure to go look.
- Privateer Press released a new group of products including Brennos (Circle), Ruin (Khador Character Jack), the Cryx and Circle All-in-One Army Boxes, and the 10th anniversary issue of No Quarter with issue #60.
- A fun game of creating cocktail recipes and serving them up before your opponents is on Kickstarter now called Hey Bartender!
- Monte Cook, the designer of Numenera, has come forward with a new game of make-believe aimed towards families with young kids called No Thank You, Evil! The rules are flexible to fit most age ranges, and looks promising for gaming parents.
- Crestfallen, a Fate Core based RPG, is on Kickstarter now. Visit the spirit world, memorialize yourself in the game, and embark on epic adventures.
- The Dwarves: The Saga Board Game is based on The Dwarves book series – take on the role of a Dwarf and fight to save your homeland! This game looks fantastic and looks like it will be a major hit.
- Salvation Road is a new survival game in which 1-4 players must collect scarce resources and face devastating events as you make your way to a fabled city of plenty known only as Salvation.
Other Interesting Articles And Finds
- Tom Cleaver shares some thoughts into the making of Valley of the Kings: Afterlife, an expansion to the little pyramid deck-building game by AEG.
- Want to work remotely at a unique job? Wyrd is looking for a Concept and Character Artist to add to their team.
- Are you following the Pathfinder Origins comics? Issue #5 is about Harsk, and the cover is pretty sweet.
- Have any dice-rolling rituals for your games? D&D wants to hear about it!
- If you like trading cards and The Hobbit movies, then check out The Desolation of Smaug trading cards out now from Cryptozoic.
- BoardGameQuest announced the winners of their 2014 Board Game Awards!
What We’re Playing
- Last Saturday we started up a game of Pathfinder, and Raine is taking us through The Mummy’s Mask AP. We’ve got a warpriest, slayer, fighter, and an investigator. How can this go wrong?
- A few more plays of Patchwork occurred this week – it is amazing how such a quiet puzzle game can make blood pressure rise so quickly!
- Just for fun, we pulled out our old Magic decks and played a few games. My trusty mono-green came through for one set, and Raine’s white/black destroyed my Selesnya deck, but I also had horrible card draw. Dang!
- Last night we played Space Movers from KnA Games who were kind enough to send us a final copy of their game. It is really fun, a nice blend of mechanics that reminded me of Battlestar Galactica and Firefly, but with some new twists I hadn’t seen in a board game before.
If you haven’t seen or haven’t entered, you can enter for a chance to win a free copy of Maha Yodha! We are giving away one copy of the final version as produced by last year’s Kickstarter project. We will have some fun stuff for you next week, including something we think parents will like. Until next week, happy gaming!