The week has crawled on and Friday has finally approached us! Weekend gaming and relaxation are hopefully among your plans in the upcoming days. We hope you caught our review of Smash Up : Monster Smash this week, and that you’ve entered/shared our giveaway of Regnum Angelica! It ends on Monday at 11:59PM CST, so get on it! Here is your quick news for the week:
Announcements and Releases
- The release schedule for Stronghold Games in 2015 is now available to view. Save the page for future updates on your favorite games from Stronghold.
- Interested in role-playing but don’t know how to get into it? Into Star Wars? Check out this beginner’s RPG pack from Fantasy Flight Games for their Star Wars: Force and Destiny game.
- Need more than a long wait for Plaid Hat Games’ Ashes: Rise of the Phoenixborn? Check out the first preview of the game, where phases of the game are discussed in detail.
- Fantasy Flight Games announced The Harbinger expansion for Talisman.
- Interested in some Munchkin artwork? John Kovalic is raising funds for Diabetes research and bike ride and is giving out artwork as a thank you! Read his blog post for more details here.
- World’s End Publishing is releasing a post-apocalyptic skirmish game called This Is Not A Test! TINAT is set to release on May 2nd, and more information can be found here.
- Paizo released a few more details about PFS’s Pathfinder Unchained and the changes it will bring to organized play.
- A combination RPG and card game, Apocypha Adventure Card Game is on Kickstarter now and needs your help to become reality. As more funds are raised, more and more goodies become available. 1 – 6 players are immersed in a world after the apocalypse that is ever changing and face horrors that others cannot see.
- Gaining lots of attention, Millennium Blades is a card game about CCG’s that we know and love…and the people that play them. In this game, MB is the card game that has taken the world by storm, and tactics of classic CCG players may just get you through an intense battle and crown you the champion.
- Preview MAGE Company’s Bedtime Story expansion to 12 Realms. The Kickstarter is set to go live at the end of May, but is up for preview and suggestions from the public now.
Other Interesting Articles And Finds
- Fantastic storage solution for Firefly and its expansions by user MinifiguringItOut on Reddit!
- A 13 year old boy shares his thoughts on how RPG’s can make you a better person – be sure to check out the link below the video to see how you can support this great cause!
- A Battle Foam bag designed to carry your campaign minis AND your books? Yes, your dream has come true – check out the Paizo blog post about this awesome new product.
- Deep Cut Studio has a new mat in both PVC and cloth in an Urban Ruins theme. It currently comes in 4’x6′, 4’x4′, and 3’x3′ sizes.
- While important to be prepared for your campaigns, Mike discusses over at the D&D blog how important it is to have some randomness in your campaigns. He talks about approaches for making sure you’re ready to run this kind of game and how to have fun with it.
What We’re Playing
- With Raine back in the office, we got a lot of gaming in this week! A nice-sized delivery from Mayfair ensured some game time including Gold Ahoy! and Patchwork.
- Another two player game of Darkest Night occurred on Monday night with some new characters. It ended with all players buffing the Knight as she went in to destroy the Necromancer once and for all!
- A couple of weeks ago, Kae picked up Sushi Go! from a local bookstore and got it to the table. Initial impressions are that it is a great way to introduce someone to drafting games, and of course, it is adorable.
- A final play of Ancient Terrible Things ensures that it is ready for review – Raine and Kae tied on Ancient Secrets and Ancient Terrible Thing tokens…it came down to courage, and Raine won.
Next week, you can expect to see a video involving Maha Yodha, a review of Darkest Night, a peek at another organizer system from The Broken Token, and the next Meeple Monthly video. We wish you the best of luck in our giveaway and hope that your weekend brings crits and plenty of victory. Until next week, happy gaming!