Yay, Friday! Our feeds have been full of people excited and planning for International Tabletop Day, happening tomorrow. We hope that you have awesome plans, whether you are enjoying a full day of gaming, or just sitting down for a quick game or two with your game crew. Here’s your quick news for this week:
Announcements and Releases
- Fantasy Flight Games has announced the third Adventure pack in the Angmar Awakened cycle, Across the Ettenmoors.
- Star Wars: Armada fans! Second Wave expansions have been announced, and they look pretty sweet.
- MegaCon, the folks that brought you MYTH, are bringing a new board game of space exploration to your table soon! Emergence Event, a game for 2-4 players, will take you on a journey as captain of your own capital ship for your species. Check out more details at the product page, and get $10 off when you order online!
- Guillotine Games is back with Zombicide : Black Plague! Check out the new things that you probably want in your collection if you’re a Zombicide fan.
- Takenoko expansion! Need I say more?
- Plaid Hat Games posts some more previews of Ashes: Rise of the Phoenixborn. You can see more on rules and pre-order the game now.
- Reiner Knizia’s The Confrontation is coming to PC, Mac, and iPad – with your help! Check out this Kickstarter and see the extras you can get just for getting behind this game before its launch!
- Want an awesome way to display/store your dice? How about a rolling tray? Why not both? Check out Cosmic-Joe’s Kickstarter for this beautiful dice box/rolling tray combo.
- Keeping in line with dice accessories, do you remember the popit board games as kids? A designer is trying to get attention for a full RPG Dice Board that you can interchange dice in for a similar effect! We think it is worth a look!
- Some folks in Massachusetts are trying to get a gaming convention called CaptainCon, off the ground! They are raising funds on Kickstarter now, so if you’re in the area, see if it is something you want to get behind!
- Burrows & Badgers is a project raising money to cast a line of anthropomorphic miniatures for RPG’s, display, or any other reason you’d want them. They will be pewter figures but you can check out greens now. They’ve already funded, and are pretty cool.
Other Interesting Articles And Finds
- New Pathfinder Society Faction icons are available to see now!
- If you’re a twitter fan, you may have caught a trend this past week! User GameWireGirl started an idea for gamers to write a haiku about their favorite game, and #BoardGameHaiku was born. Do yourself a favor and check out the creative posts!
- Charlie Hall over at Polygon shares his thoughts on Exploding Kittens, the card game featuring art by The Oatmeal, and whether it “works”, if it is fun, and some other tidbits. Check it out, even if you didn’t back the game.
What We’re Playing
- Raine has been out of town this week on business, so most of the gaming that took place this week was with the geekling! We played more Sneaky Snacky Squirrel, Animal Upon Animal, and Stack Up! Peaceable Kingdom is the latest company to graciously offer their support of our Raising A Geekling series, so expect to see some information on Stack Up and other games coming in from them!
This past week we had a lot of activity on Twitter, are still raising funds on GoFundMe, as well as a review of Smash Up: Science Fiction Double Feature. Make sure you’re following us on social media for frequent updates and join in the discussion! What are your plans for International Tabletop Day? Tell us! And until next week, happy gaming!