It has been quite a week, gamers! We hope it has treated you all well. We shared some good stuff this week, including a review of AEG’s Canalis and Devious Weasel’s Shadows of Malice! And for the parents, another Raising A Geekling post went up – we are talking squirrels this time. Here is your Quick News for this week!
Announcements and Releases
- A new 2-4 player board game called Forbidden Stars was announced from FFG! It is a new Warhammer 40k game.
- COLLECT ALL THE CHIBI PINS! New pins on sale now at Privateer Press.
- Stone Blade Entertainment, the makers of Ascension, are coming out with a new card game called Bad Beets. This family-friendly game pits you against other players in a race to see who getting rid of the beets on their plate the quickest. Eat ’em, share ’em, feed ’em to the dog. Do what you have to do!
- Nightmare decks for Assault on Osgiliath, The Blood of Gondor, and The Morgul Vale are now available from Fantasy Flight Games!
- Boba Fett and your favorite robots are coming to Imperial Assault! New figure packs for IA announced on the FFG blog this week.
- Renegade Game Studios is partnering with Steve Jackson Games to release Munchkin Trading Cards later this year!
- Not much info besides this blurb over at TabletopGamingNews, but Steve Jackson Games announced at GAMA that they will be bringing Nightmare Before Christmas to the world of Munchkin! I don’t own Munchkin anymore, but I may have to get this one…
- From the creator of SUPERFIGHT! comes RED FLAGS, a card game with a similar mechanic, but this time you must come up with crazy romantic pairs.
- Ancient Terrible Things is back with an expansion and 2nd edition of the base game if you want to pick them up together.
- A Tabletop Deathmatch finalist is on Kickstarter now with a game called Brewin’ USA. A 2-5 player Euro game for those that love craft beers!
- A cooperative fantasy game that takes you and your fellow heroes on epic questlines, Mistfall, is raising funds now on Kickstarter.
- Some very cool two-tone dice called Halfsies Dice are in their final 48 hours on Kickstarter – I saw the words “free dice”…
Other Interesting Articles And Finds
- In a post over at Club Fantasci, some very helpful information for publishers/designers in regards to dealing with reviewers is discussed.
- Paste Magazine shares what they think are the 10 Coolest Board Game Components.
- Black Locust Games posted a photo to Facebook showing off the concept box art for their next game, Nawakwa.
- A humorous post on Buzzfeed for folks that understand Catan and the many pains that come with it far too much.
- A user on Reddit asked the question : Who Are You? They have compiled a short survey for gamers to complete to collect findings on the average modern gamer. Check out the survey and check back later for the results!
- If you pre-order Iron Kingdom: Unleashed through your local retailer, you can get a code to get a digital copy of the rules sent to you when it releases! Check the announcement for more details.
What We’re Playing
- We threw down with some Mage Wars this week. Kae is testing/tweaking her Druid deck against Raine’s Necromancer dec. So far it has gone well through early/mid game but the Necromancer finds victory in the end.
This long week has been fueled by panic of outside projects, a hectic schedule, and coffee. Things should calm down in the upcoming weeks, so make sure you’re still hanging around for reviews and other fun tabletop discussion! Reviews coming next week will include Pandemic: the Cure, King’s Forge, and more! Until next week, happy gaming!