Happy Friday, gamers! Our content numbers were certainly lower than usual this week, as the two main writers were down this week with sickness, but that will turn around next week, so thanks for sticking with us! Here is your Quick News for the past week.
Announcements and Releases
- Tarmogoyf and Karn Liberated are seeing themselves reprinted in MtG’s Modern Masters 2015.
- The All-in-one Army box for Scyrah is now available on the Privateer Press store.
- The fifth data pack in the SanSan cycle for Netrunner is announced.
- Preview the Rangers in the next deluxe expansion for the Lord of the Rings LCG – The Lost Realm.
- Terry Pratchett, the author of the Discworld series which made its way to tabletop gaming, died on Thursday, March 12th. A post over on GeekDad reflects on one geek feels that Pratchett’s work made him a better parent, and is worth a read by any parent.
- Doomtown’s first Pine Box expansion, Faith and Fear, will be arriving in stores in April of this year. Read up on it in AEG’s news piece!
- Here is something to tempt your senses : Adventure Scents. We all know about ambiance music and sounds for our games – but what about smells? You’ve got to read about it to believe it.
- Like tabletop terrain? Did you get in on the original Dwarven Forge Kickstarter? Get behind the new City Builder campaign on Kickstarter now! Check out the impressive bundles you can pick up to enhance your gaming experiences.
- Some people hope that when they die and come back, they’ll be a better version of themselves in the next life. Unfortunately, some of those that fall go right back to the same old thing. In Lord of the Fries, you’re a zombie working at a fast food joint. Put together meals without falling apart yourself!
- If you want to expand your MYTH game with new heroes, new monsters, and items, be sure to check out MYTH: Journeyman expansions on Kickstarter now.
Other Interesting Articles And Finds
- Two Pathfinders got engaged using the custom PACG card maker! Check out this heartwarming story!
- AV Club posted an article about the future of combining tabletop and digital gaming by featuring Fantasy Flight Games’ XCOM and Harebrained Schemes’ Golem Arcana.
- A piece on NBC Nightly News featured a Board Game Renaissance aired this week and can be seen here. They show classic games like Monopoly and Yahtzee, but other games like Catan, Dead of Winter, Vikings, Love Letter, and more.
- Want to play Cards Against Humanity online? Access all the cards and play with people around the world on this app that can be used via mobile device or computer.
- Con*Quest Adventure Journals were produced last year in an attempt to make collecting items and memories from conventions easier for the con-goer. An announcement was made on Wednesday that they are partnering with Gen Con this year for exclusively branded Journals for this upcoming year!
What We’re Playing
- This week has been a down week at the office since most of us are sick, but stay tuned to our social media for updates on when we’re playing games and interacting with you!
- The game we did get to the table this week was Damage Report. It is a RTS game in which all players are taking turns at the same time. It is difficult, and we didn’t come anywhere near to completing our goal, but it was fun and we’ll be playing it again soon.
We’re excited to get more games back to the table and get some more reviews up. We have a few in the works right now, just finding the time to sit down and finish them! We hope you had a great week, and until next time, happy gaming!