Happy Friday, gamers! We are happy to announce this week that we have officially added two new writers to our ranks. Brendan, the writer responsible for bringing you The Plan series from the last year, is now a full fledged author here. Also, we are welcoming Angela, a long-time gaming blogger and vlogger wanting to get more involved with the tabletop world. We hope you’ll help us welcome these two and we look forward to sharing their insights with our readers! Here is this week’s quick news!
Announcements and Releases
- The Price of Infamy, the next adventure pack for the Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Skull & Shackles, is now available.
- The 2014 Golden Geek Awards Nominations are now live on BoardGameGeek.
- Learn more about XCOM: The Board Game and check out the digital companion app that is now available just before the game releases to retail.
- Preview the Order and Chaos expansion for Netrunner over on the Fantasy Flight Games blog.
- Need even more previews for the Pretty Pretty Smash Up? This minion will give you a couple options on your turn.
- Fat Dragon Games released their next line of 28mm gaming terrain this week on Kickstarter. They funded quickly, and have plenty of options available for your fantasy terrain needs!
- Want more dragons for your decor and Draco Magi games? A Kickstarter for The Forest and The Star Dragons is up. Select posters, canvas prints, and cards!
- Kittens. Enchiladas. Wizard Goats. Exploding Kittens, a new card game by The Oatmeal, funded almost immediately and has exceeded
$1million$3million. If you like absurd games, truth in digital comic form, and have a sense of humor, this is for you.
Other Interesting Articles And Finds
- Caleb discusses side quests in The Lost Realm expansion for the Lord of the Rings LCG – check out the preview and the developer’s thoughts.
- Black Locust Games discusses details of a new game they are working on called Nawakwa over on BGG!
- A Pandemic fan from Reddit shares Lego figs created to represent the playable Pandemic roles!
What We’re Playing
- Last Friday night we got in another game of Pandemic: The Cure. This game is quickly becoming the favored game in the Pandemic series for Kae. We also played Cross Hares in 2 player mode and had a blast. Well, the bunnies did at least!
- On Sunday we continued our Shadows of Brimstone campaign. In fact, Raine has started a small fictional series based on our adventures, the first of which was posted on Monday. That night, we played Cross Hares again but with 4 players this time. After this play we are thinking we prefer this game with more than 2 players, if just for the extra options of who to mess with!
We are excited to share our upcoming reviews with you this week, and hope that you enjoyed our recent reviews. In case you missed it, we shared thoughts on Lost Legacy: The Starship, Lost Legacy: Flying Garden, Caverna: The Cave Farmers, and The Black Rose. We hope that you have a great weekend of gaming, and until next time, happy gaming!