With summer ending, we are seeing many of the last quarter releases coming to fruition, as well as more announcements as publishers continue to produce awesome games. While we’ve experienced some hiccups in our new office, such as a lack of many of our household goods, we are trucking along and doing what we can to get news out to our readers and reach out to others in the gaming community. Here is your quick news for this past week!
Announcements, Releases, and Cool Things
- The fifth Cards Against Humanity expansion is finally here! Go here to order yours!
- Three feline-themed RPG sources, included the recently funded Catthulhu, are available in a bundle on RPGNow! And its on sale, so it is even better.
- A program called Extra Life raises money for kids needing medical help is underway. Check out the site and search for board game publishers, such as Black Locust Games, and support them with a pledge!
- Terra Mystica’s Fire and Ice is a new expansion that will bring 2 new factions and play options to your game!
- Privateer Press announced the HORDES Exigence Book Release that can involve HORDES armies. Check out the release details and find a local retailer that is participating.
- Lyndsay Peters has posted some thoughts on the new Monster Manual for Dungeons & Dragons over at Critical Hits – it is worth a read!
- Fantasy Flight Games’ Age of War, a dice game about daimyos, is now available for sale.
- Have you ever wanted to know more about the artist behind Ascension and his process? Check out this piece on Eric Sabee.
- Do you want Mice & Mystics plushies? Of course you do. Check ’em out.
Kickstarters You Should Know About
- Steampunk and space-criminals come together in Skyway Robbery. You are trying to make a name for yourself as the leader of crime in a world of airship exploration.
- Explore and conquer the universe in a tile-based board game. Galaxy of Trian is fully funded, but continues to raise its backing!
- Tabletop Deathmatch finalist Grow: The Organic Building Game is a really cool 3D building game that involves territory control, and has really interesting gameplay. We would highly recommend looking at this project!
What We’re Up To
- Raine is suffering from a back injury and has been for the last week, so our content numbers and timing have been off a bit. We greatly appreciate your patience and those of you that have offered kind words for his speedy recovery. It sure is hard to play games when you can’t sit at a table!
- We are -still- waiting on the arrival of the rest of our stuff from the move, and are working on reviews to the best of our abilities. Sitting at a table would also be easier with chairs!
We hope that everyone is having a great week and that you all are enjoying the weather as we move into Fall. With kids back in school and late year conventions fast approaching, it is always a fun time of year. We will see you after the weekend, and as always, happy gaming!