Hello gamers, it is Friday, which means it is also time for Quick News! We are slowly but surely settling into the new office while awaiting the rest of our items to get here. We’ve been staving off the Texas heat by reading through rulebooks, and will be posting play-through photos and reviews of some games we brought back from Gen Con very soon! While the news has been hit and miss this week, here are some of the extra tabletop world facts!
- A digital adventure for fans of the Iron Kingdoms RPG is available now through Privateer Press. Bitter Medicine is 54 pages long and is $6.99 for the PDF download.
- Plaid Hat Games has compiled a page that links to all of their Downwood Tales previews, taking the Mice & Mystics game into its next saga. There’s also a mention on the page of their new game, Video Game High School!
- Jumping on board with many other companies that are bringing their tabletop games to a digital source, Calliope Games announced that Tsuro will be making its way to those ranks very soon. Check out the announcement page and sign up to beta test the app. I sure did!
- Fantasy Flight Games is also dabbling in some digital gaming help, bringing you X-WING Mission Control – a program in which you can create scenarios for your X-WING miniatures battles.
- The Last Banquet is a new party game from Fantasy Flight, and their most recent post on the game is about the scenarios you’ll find in the game!
- There are only a few hours left to get in on this cool project – a tabletop gaming calendar in which you can pledge various levels to create your own gaming calendar with custom holidays and other perks! Check it out!
- If you ever played or heard of Agents of Smersh, but was unable to get a hold of it, you need to check this out. A second edition is being funded on Kickstarter now, and only has 3 days left!
- Gnarwhal Studios is funding a game called Slap .45, a Wild West slap duel game. Just look at it.
- Half-Orc miniatures. Need I say more?
What We’re Doing
- Raine has been pouring through rulebooks for The Black Rose, and AEG’s Doomtown Reloaded. These games are hitting the table this weekend, and we’re excited to play them, and then share our thoughts on them with you.
- Kae has been looking through a prototype copy of Warband : Against the Darkness, and will be providing a review next week.
We are anxiously waiting on the rest of our games and office to arrive in Texas, but have been filming video reviews for the games we do have in the meantime. We’re curious as to what games our readers picked up at Gen Con, and what was their favorite? Any new finds? We chatted with a lot of new and smaller publishers this year and have some exciting games to show you from them in the near future. Until next week, happy gaming!