Another week has gone by, and that means more gaming tidbits for our readers! This weekend plenty of gamers will be at the Origins Game Fair, which means that we’ll see all sorts of announcements coming down the wire in the next few days. It’s a great time to be a gamer, so without further adeu let’s get to the announcements!
Announcements and Such
- Wizards of the Coast made some changes to the way that seasonal points affect Grand Prix byes through November 30th for Magic: the Gathering. A lot of players had feedback to give on the matter, and the company certainly listened.
- Paizo was nominated for a Diana Jones Award, one of the most prestigious awards in all of hobby gaming. The winner of the award will be announced this year at the Diana Jones party in Indianapolis on August 13th. What a way to kock off Gen Con 2014!
- Drake: the Dragon Wargame is now available on the game’s official website. The webstore will be up soon so you can get your Drake on!
- A preview for the Legions of Darkness expansion for Warhammer: Diskwars was posted on the Fantasy Flight site.
- Plaid Hat Games offered a first look at Summoner Wars Alliances, a new iteration of the exciting card game.
- Gen Con Event Kits are now available for pre-order for Legend of the Five Rings, but you better make sure you can attend the event before you slap some cash down!
Around the Office
This past week we’ve been quite busy with arranging things for moving the office and managing new games we’ve gotten in for review. We haven’t had a lot of time to play many games, but that will change in the coming weeks. We’re working on putting together plans for our seminar for Gen Con this year, along with some other things partaining to the event. We’re planning to have a couple of reviews go up in the next week or so, so stay tuned!