With con season flushed upon us, the news this week has been mostly photos and snippets from events. Indy Pop Con is currently underway, and we’ll be in attendance tomorrow with tweets, photos, updates, and more. Origins Game Fair is nearly two weeks away, and there will no doubt be all sorts of little announcements coming down the pipeline at that time. For now, here are the little announcements we’ve collected through the week:
- A fan-made expansion for Cosmic Encounter is on the way, and it includes 30 brand new aliens to choose from!
- Fantasy Flight announced Warhammer 40,000: Conquest, a new card game set in the Warhammer 40k universe.
- A strategy article was posted for Call of Cthulhu: The Card Game that teaches players about resourcing their domains.
- The Dog Might Games Kickstarter where you can design your own custom deck box has fully funded, and there’s still a couple of days left to check it out!
Around the Office
This week we managed to get some games on the table both for review purposes and just for funsies. Here’s what we’ve been up to:
- We played A LOT of Magic: the Gathering this week. With Raine building three new Standard decks, there was plenty to play with! There was also some Commander play, as we tested out one of Dog Might’s new custom deck boxes which we will be posting a review for next week!
- Other games that made it to the table were Maha Yoda, Boss Monster, and Vikings!
We’re still in the process of getting things ready for our big move. With Gen Con approaching most of our time has been taken up with planning, and though we’ve had to switch some plans around I think we’re still looking good for the convention this year. We really hope to see many of you there, and we’re excited that some of you have signed up for our seminar. We promise we’re working to make it a great event, and we’ll post details on it soon. Until then, keep gaming and we’ll see you next week!