A brand new supplement book for Warmachine has been released, and it’s available now in stores and online. Warmachine: Vengeance adds a brand new chapter to the exciting wargame, adding new fluff and details for a whole handful of new models for each faction in the game. What’s awesome is that it shows off epic versions of some of the game’s most well-known warcasters and introduces novice warcasters who are trying to make a name for themselves in Immoren.
Here’s a description of the book from the Privateer Press site:
The nations of Khador and Cygnar are still reeling from their defeat at the hands of Cryx’s armies within the Thornwood. Meanwhile, the Protectorate of Menoth’s Northern Crusade seizes the opportunity to push into Umbrey while the besieged elven nation of Ios struggles to repel the skorne invaders at their gates. For Cygnar, a chance to retake the initiative emerges when an unusual Cryxian column is discovered heading south. The newly promoted Lord General Coleman Stryker marches to intercept, unaware of the true danger that awaits him.
All together, the book includes:
• New warcasters, including new epic versions of some of WARMACHINE’s original warcasters.
• Six new character novice warcasters who bring even more arcane support to their armies.
• New units and solos to expand WARMACHINE armies with new strategic possibilities.
• New narrative fiction picking up directly after the harrowing events of WARMACHINE: Colossals.
• A painting and modeling guide to help you prepare your forces for battle.
• Theme Force lists for each new warcaster, which allow you to create armies based on specialized forces found in the WARMACHINE world.
I was fortunate enough to get a sneak peek at the book, and it’s amazing. It’s got details for new warcasters, solos, units, and even ‘jacks. Personally I am drawn to Goreshade, Lord of Ruin, simply because I play Cryx and he’s a mounted badass ready for battle. There’s a new battle engine warcaster for Menoth that’s terrifyingly awesome, and even the Mercenaries get some new stuff added to the game. The book retails for about $35, and you can get it in both hard-backed and softcover.