News from recent Kickstarter-exploding company Modiphius has revealed that Star Wars: Edge of the Empire game designer Jay Little is back in the captain’s chair with yet another title. Together with Modiphius, Little aims to reignite the flames of an age-old RPG that has been loved for years: Mutant Chronicles. The third edition of the RPG has launched via Kickstarter and it’s already well past its funding mark.
The Kickstarter is being run to fund a set of full-color, hardcover edition of the books for Mutant Chronicles, starting with the Dark Symmetry core rulebook. Modiphius is planning a redesign of the ruleset as well as a retelling of the setting guides and supplements to get players back into the game. There will also be brand new material released for the game to offer something brand new for players both new and old.
Here’s what you get with the Dark Symmetry core book:
- The Dark Legion, their Heretics and Apostles, how they operate, their different tactics and creatures
- The five big Corporations (Imperial, Capitol, Bauhaus, Mishima, Cybertronic), the Brotherhood, the Cartel and Whitestar.
- The future history that led to the exodus from Earth, a timeline leading up to the first outbreak of the Dark Symmetry, the first Corporate War, the rise of the Brotherhood, the Dark Legion invasion and through 700 years of stagnation to the Second Corporate War and return of the Dark Legion.
- Full details and rules for life in the 25th century, the colonies and space travel.
- Plots, adventure seeds, GM advice and plot secrets
- Lifepath & point buy character generation
- A d20 based cinematic system with 8 attributes that is fast and furious.
- Now you can join the assault on the citadel in the first great war with the Dark Legion, hunt down Heretics or go on the fateful mission to Pluto or even Nero!
Speaking about Mutant Chronicles 3rd Edition, designer Jay Little claimed:
“Working on the Mutant Chronicles 3rd Edition Roleplaying Game is really a dream come true. I’ve played board games, card games, miniatures, and of course earlier versions of the roleplaying game based on Mutant Chronicles. It’s exciting to work with a setting that played such a big part in getting me involved in hobby gaming. Chris Birch and Modiphius have a proven track record for delivering high quality products and have assembled an amazing team to ensure Mutant Chronicles continues to impress fans and players alike for years to come.”
Many other big names join Little on this project, which makes it all the more awesome. For more information on the game, and to throw your pledge down, check it out on Kickstarter. For around $65 you can get a print copy of the core book and have everything you need to get started in the world of Mutant Chronicles.