Wizards of the Coast has just announced the newest From the Vault set, From the Vault: Annihilation, for Magic: the Gathering. Every so often the company releases a special set of foil cards that are not only valuable, but very effective in the game. These collections are called From the Vault, and they sell nearly immediately once they arrive in game stores.
From the Wizards post:
Harness the savage power of fifteen of the most brutal Magic cards ever unleashed. These limited-edition, black-bordered superweapons are legal in many tournament formats. Sweep the battlefield clean with this powerful arsenal and blast the opposition into oblivion.
Inside From the Vault: Annihilation you will get:
- 15 Premium foil cards, including 6 with new art.
- An exclusive Spindown life counter.
- A collector’s guide.
- Each card has been printed using a foil process unique to the From the Vault series.
- From the Vault: Annihilation will be available worldwide in English only, and will have an extremely limited print run.
- All cards are black bordered and tournament legal. This means that these cards are legal for use in any tournaments where the original printings are still legal.
What does this mean? Well I certainly hope it means we’ll get a super sweet Damnation, and maybe even a Wrath of God. I imagine we’ll see some red board wipes in this pack as well, and possibly some great damage-dealing spells. Some game stores will offer pre-orders for From the Vault: Annihilation, so check with yours to see if you can get in on it early! This special pack is set to release on August 22nd, and it will retail for $34.99.